“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Longest Week Ever!

So, at the beginning of last week I couldn't believe we were going to have the baby in just a week. But it has seemed like the longest week of my life! I have only two days left and I'm counting down the hours! Thursday night I couldn't fall asleep because I was contracting and in a lot of pain. I went down stairs and took a bath at about 1:30am and tried to time the contractions. They were hard to time because they were mostly in my back and I've been really sore in general the last week. I tried to go to sleep at about 2:00 and dozed for maybe a half of an hour. (The heart burn is pretty annoying also. I eat tums like they're candy!) I woke up again at about 2:30 and they were pretty strong and about 3 or 4 minutes apart. I really didn't want to call our friends in the middle of the night and then just get sent home from the hospital so I ate some cereal and began to pack the baby's diaper bag. The contractions weren't as strong so I thought I'd wait to see if would keep coming. Finally at 3:30am they settled enough for me to sleep. By morning I was so exhausted and still really sore. I had my last Doctor's appointment and they checked me and monitored the contractions. I'm only dilated to a one (not a big surprise considering I don't dilate!) But her head is really low and causing a lot of pressure. Especially when she moves, Ouch! The contractions had died down quite a bit so they just sent me home. The PA said to go to the hospital if my contractions become really consistent again. Their concern is that it'll put stress on the baby and my scar if I contract too much but don't dilate. That's basically what happened with Jaxson. He had a little sore round spot on his head from being pushed and pushed against my cervix, also his heart rate kept dropping. We don't want that to happen again so I feel really confident about my decision to have another C-section. Keep us in your prayers. Only 38 more hours (but who's counting?!)

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Good luck, Delee! It's almost over! Then the real work begins. . .

izzynjen said...

Congrats and good luck with your little one. You're in our prayers!

Natalie said...

I hope that all goes well for you. I'll keep you in my prayers. Good luck!

Neil said...

This is dad via neilio. Way to go
creating another special human, If it was easy everyone(Men)would do it.All I can say is endure,this is but a monent in all eternity.Yes you do feel that moment,and it is real painful,but our thoughts and Prayers are with you Love Dad

Di said...

It is so weird having two kids! Good luck. And way to follow your instinct! Love ya

Melinda said...

Sorry you had a hard week! I've been having contractions this weekend too--no fun! Atleast you have one day left, not three weeks!! :( I'm so super excited for you, she's gonna be gorgeous! Good luck!

Mike said...

Best wishes for a happy healthy delivery tomorrow! We will be waiting to hear your great news.

Bright Beginnings said...

Good luck with everything! Take care of yourself, only a little while longer. Yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...