One day I wish to have a space in my home like this....

Or a whole room like this. (Except I'd use a little more color.)

My favorite kind of gift to give is a Host Gift.
I went to an enrichment once about gift giving and thank-yous and it inspired me! For my baby shower host, Emily, I found this cute box and filled it with a dozen of chocolate covered strawberries. (Her favorite!)

For Thanksgiving we went to Steve's sister's in-laws for dinner and I gave them two mugs in her favorite color and some homemade cocoa mix. I think something homemade is much more personal.
We went to a Christmas dinner party with our friends this year and I gave our hosts a bottle of sparkling cider and 4 glass goblets.
The reason I love giving host gifts the best is because they're so simple, inexpensive, and unexpected!
My other favorite kind of gifts to give are Kids Gifts! This year I put together a sand box for Jaxson and thought, "Wouldn't this be a great gift?" I suggest you ask the parents first, and it maybe a bit of a wrapping challenge, but it provides hours of entertainment!
I got the tupperware at Walmart for $3, the toys I spent about $8 (you could do it for cheaper though.) And the sand was at home depot for $4. For $15 you have a unique gift that almost any child would love.This year for my niece's 4th birthday I gave her art supplies. I bought her some blank note cards and envelopes so she could make her own stationary and some stamps, stickers, tape etc. She was so excited to have her own tape! That's part of the fun of giving kids gifts, they get so excited over a simple gift!
For an inexpensive Wedding Gift idea you can scrapbook a small recipe book. I gave this to my old roommate for her wedding. I took a small photo album and scrap booked a cover page titled Our Family RecipesI then included 5-10 of our favorite recipes. I went to the dollar store and got a bunch of kitchen utensils such as wooden spoons, wire whisks, potato peelers, and measuring spoons. The kind of stuff you can't have too many of. The whole gift was under $20 and I thought it was personal and practical.
The dollar store is my favorite place to find gift boxes and greeting cards.
If you have any fun ideas please share them! I personally never know what to do for Father's Day! My dad is happy with a pair of socks but I'd like to do something more meaningful. So, if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
5 comments:
I love giving gifts too! I am going to do that sandbox gift for my nephew.
About Father's Day, I gave my dad a Gratitude Journal. I filled a journal with everything about my dad that I was grateful for from, "Thank you for marrying my mom in the temple," to "Thank you for the horsey-rides." He still has it in his bedside table drawer.
If that isn't enough, Godiva Chocolate. Can't go wrong!
You are amazing Delee. How do you do it all?
Miss you tons!
I would love to have a craft room someday too. I love the look of a well organized room! Dreams! I love all of your ideas for gifts. I think that I am going to borrow quite a few from you!
For Mother's Day I did this, but it could work for your dad too--I took a photo album that flips on a stand, and took pictures of all of the kids growing up, big moments like each kids' baptism, graduation, wedding, etc. and wrote a little quote below each picture, like "you were there in the best times, and the worst. You were there to support us...etc." and finished it off with saying thank you for all they'd done for us. Anyway, just an idea, my mom keeps it in their guest bedroom, because it matches the decor! :)
Cute cute. I love your great ideas.
Post a Comment