I've been on my own with two kids for 3 days! I've successfully gotten two children and myself ready and out the door on time two mornings in a row! I get diaper bags packed, clothes laid out, and my hair washed the night before. A little organization goes a long way! Steve is home today so we're taking it easy. Ehlana has been sleeping great! We thought Jaxson was a great sleeper, but, not compared to her. She usually goes to bed at about 11pm and wakes up to eat only once at night and sleeps until 7 or 7:30am. Last night she went to bed at 10:30 ate at 4:30am (That's 6 hours of sleep!) And she didn't wake up again until almost 8am! When people used to tell me their newborns slept like this I didn't believe them. Jaxson didn't do just one feeding at night until he was like 6 months old!
Jaxson has settled down a little more this week. He's been throwing tantrums a lot and being really wild around the baby. Now he's playing by himself more and I'm making sure I give him more individual attention.
Elle eats and sleeps great but if she's awake and not being held and bounced she's usually screaming. She's so opposite of Jaxson. Even if I'm holding her she not happy unless I'm bouncing her. When we had Jaxson Steve's sister's gave us an exercise ball to sit and bounce the baby on. It works so much better than a rocking chair! We call it the Baby Charmer!
1 comment:
Congrats on the sleeping schedule. That's half the battle!
Post a Comment