We've been home from the hospital now for 3 days. The first night was horrible, Elle had her night and day mixed up and was up all night. My mom came into town that night and was supposed to get in at 10:10 but her flight was delayed until almost midnight. Elle went down at 10:30 and cried at 11pm and then again at 12:15. I fed her and then my came in at 1am and got to hold her for a little while. Elle would not fall asleep for anything! She cried unless she was being bounced. Finally at 3am I put her down and let her cry because I didn't know what else to do. Steve took a turn and rocked her for a half an hour and than she slept until 4am and cried again. I got out of bed after only an hour of sleep and tried to feed her again. She ate on on one side fell asleep and slept until 8am. I heard Jaxson at 7:30 and got up with him at 7:45. I couldn't believe I was functioning. I was so exhausted from three nights of no sleep and my body trying to heal from surgery. It's amazing the strength Heavenly Father gives a mother. There is no other way to put it. Luckily with my mom and Steve were home Saturday so I took a couple naps and last night she did great! She slept for 2 and a half hours at a time and fell asleep with no problem after each feeding. I was really happy, I hope we have another good night!
Steve's sister and her family made the 3 hour drive from Northern Virginia to visit us today. It was really fun. Alyssa and Kate loved Ehlana and Jaxson had a blast playing with them.

The girls loved holding Elle. Kate was especially cute with her little smile.



Tim and Laurie got Jaxson a bike and he loves it! Thank-you for the fun day Uncle Tim and Aunt Laurie!

2 comments:
The crazy sleep schedules are crazy as far as I can remember...it was so long ago. I have to say that there is nothing better than a full nights sleep with no interuptions. I hope that she stays sleeping for those longer periods of time so your body can heal fast. Good luck. She is beautiful!
CONGRATS on your new beautiful little baby girl! Sounds like life with an infant...as I can completely empathize:-) Also sounds like you have an amazing husband and how great to have your mom there. Good job on all the posts...quite the accomplishment with an infant and a 2 1/2 year old. Take Care of yourself:-)
Post a Comment