“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Our Growing Family

I'm still here in the hospital. Steve is home with Jaxson and they come and visit a couple times a day. Jaxson likes the new baby and smiles when he holds her but is other wise more interested in the food I have around the hospital room. He is the typical 2 1/2 year old boy! My mom said he would have been more excited to have a puppy than a new baby, I would have to agree! The baby is pretty uneventful in his eyes. He'd rather push the buttons on my hospital bed.
Steve is a great second time dad. With Jaxson he was so nervous but this time around he's a pro. The Nurses even compliment him on his diaper changing skills. The day she was born he couldn't stop smiling and he really enjoys just sitting and holding her. She's already Daddy's Little Girl. He also brought me flowers and rented me a movie for our anniversary yesterday. He's been so thoughtful and a great help. I couldn't do it without him!
I'm hanging in there due to the frequent pain killers. The first day I thought healing was going to be a breeze but it was just because the good drugs were still in effect. Otherwise I'm fine. I can get up and move around with out assistance, the contractions while breast feeding are the biggest discomfort.
Little Elle is just a joy! She's eating well and sleeping at night in 3-4 hour stretches, yeah! I've had many nurses offer to take her home but I think we'll keep her! It's nice to just sit in bed and be with her. I'm excited to see her grow and change. Here's a little video of her yesterday morning at about 5am. She's just a doll.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

What a cutie. She is beautiful. I hope that you heal quickly so you can be back to your old self.

Heidi said...

She's so sweet, and teeny! I forgot how small newborns are. Get better soon!

MyCropRoom.com

Terra said...

So cute. She does look a lot like Jaxson did.

Melinda said...

Look at all that hair!! I can't believe it, she is so pretty! Hope you're doing great, hopefully you'll heal really fast!

izzynjen said...

Congrats to you guys! How exciting to welcome another girl in your family. I hope things go well for you as you adjust and heal.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...